Each year, the Conseil québécois du théâtre invites theatre professionals and organizations to submit nominations for the Prix Sentinelle.
These awards highlight the essential contribution of cultural workers in the development of Quebec's theatrical arts. The Prix Sentinelles are presented each year on World Theatre Day, March 27th.
These behind-the-scenes workers are both passionate and diligent and are essential partners to our artistic teams. The CQT honours these roles, such as management, administration, communication, broadcasting, production, technical and mediation, all of which are a part of the broad kaleidoscope of professions working in the theatre.
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2021
Announcement of the winners:
The names of the winners will be announced on March 27, 2021, during the event organized by the CQT to mark World Theatre Day.
Candidates will have:
- A 25-year career as a cultural worker in the theatre industry.
- Worked in organizations, companies, as presenters, with festivals or educational schools.
- A career path that has made a significant contribution and has left a considerable legacy to the theatre community.
Sustainable Commitment Award
Eligible candidates are cultural workers from:
- Have been practicing their profession in the theatre for at least 5 years.
- Demonstrate a sustained commitment to the cultural worker, whether in professional organizations, companies, as presenters, in festivals or professional schools.
- Demonstrate that their professional accomplishments and initiatives are innovative and have helped shape the development of Quebec theatrical arts.
- Theatre companies
- Theatre Festivals
- Venues for the presentation and dissemination of theatre
- Professional associations in the theatre sector
- Professional theatre schools
Field of expertise:
- General management
- Individuals sitting on the CQT Outreach and Promotion Committee and the Jury
- CQT staff
- Members of the CQT Board of Directors
- Legal entities
Submission of applications
Multiple applications may be submitted by the same sponsor. If there is any doubt about the eligibility of candidates or sponsors, please contact Marine Gauthier by phone at 514 954-0270 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form must include the following information:
- A cover letter signed by the applicant's sponsor.
- Three letters of support for the application demonstrating broad recognition from peers in the theatre community.
- A curriculum vitae illustrating the professional skills of the cultural worker consistent with the criteria required for nomination for the each of the awards.
- OPTIONAL - A maximum of 6 pages of supporting documents (supporting material, press articles, texts published on or by the nominee, etc.).
Important Note :
- Although an individual may be both a cultural worker and an artist, only their achievements as a cultural worker are required in order to be considered.
- Nominations submitted in previous years that were not selected may be re-submitted.
The nomination file must be sent in PDF format as a single document to the Conseil québécois du théâtre at email@example.com
. The subject line of the email will be identified as "Career Award Nomination
" or "Sustainable Commitment Award Nomination
The deadline for applications is Sunday, February 28, 2021.
Jury: Applications will be reviewed by a jury of a minimum of five people, all of whom are currently working in the theatre community. The jury will be bound by confidentiality in all its deliberations and decisions.