7 octobre 2020
The Conseil québécois du théâtre (CQT) is a national organization that links and represents practitioners and professional theatre organizations in Quebec in order to foster the development and influence of theatrical arts in all their diversity. It is a strong and highly respected organization that permits the Quebec theatre world and its artisans to use its services in order to share the challenges of their artistic practice and their future concerns. The CQT is the voice of the theatrical milieu and acts as a uniting force and facilitator for this complex discipline. It occupies a distinctive place within the cultural sector because of its expertise and political influence. Working within the CQT means participating in an environment of dynamic and stimulating work with a strong collaborative spirit that values diversity in the workplace and within its team.
We are looking for a person familiar with the Quebec theatre scene and with the challenges that culture faces in terms of digital technology. The digital cultural development officer (DCDO) will be a part of the Le Réseau des agents de développement culturel numérique (ADN)
and its network.
ABOUT — Le Réseau des agents de développement culturel numérique (ADN)
Initiated by the Ministry of Culture and Communications (MCC), in conjunction with the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ) and the Société de développement des entreprises (SODEC), as part of Quebec's Digital Cultural Plan, the Réseau ADCN oversees approximately forty digital cultural development (DCDO) agents based in national, sectoral or regional organizations. Based on collaborative principles, the Réseau ACDN will focus on the transformation and development of new digital leadership in many areas of the cultural sector who will benefit from this leadership.
ROLE AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director General, the Digital Cultural Development Officer is responsible for the Digital Cultural Network as a part of the National DNA Network. Its goals are built around four main objectives:
As a part of the CQT team, the incumbent will be responsible for :
- A dialogue between the players within the digital universe - theatre, communications and research.
- Oversight in order to increase the sharing of expertise, knowledge and practices.
- Contribution to the development of digital strategies for stakeholders in the field of theatre and the development of digital skills for this area.
- The development of and constructing of digital projects for the theatre community of Quebec.
- Contributing to the implementation of the place and activities of the National DNA Network together with other digital cultural development officers
- Acting as a consulting resource for the building of programs and for the facilitation of meetings in the digital environment at all levels – federal, national and regional as appropriate.
- Acting as a resource person, both internally and externally, for all concerns related to the development of digital technology in the theatre environment.
- Contribute to the development of CQT's internal structuring initiatives by proposing digital and collaborative tools adapted for projects and their objectives.
- Circulate different digital practices and projects using adapted tools.
- Develop and animate a committee based on articulating the challenges of the Digital age (the CQT Digital Committee).
- Maintain a strategic oversight on the major issues of digital culture and good practices, and share them within the theatre community.
- Propose and organize specific training sessions in digital technology according to the needs of the theatre milieu and its representatives.
- Be a support for and provide an advisory role to the CQT.
The incumbent will work in collaboration with the Communications Officer, the Research and Policy Officer and the Professional Development Officer.
The Digital Cultural Development Officer candidate will have the following qualifications:
- a university degree in digital media, marketing, or other areas of study in digital technologies or in a related discipline;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the digital field;
- a good knowledge of the dynamics of the theatre environment as well as issues related to the development of digital technology in theatrical practice;
- a good mastery of the primary digital concepts (social networks, tools, etc.); and of collaborative digital technologies, and their use and exploitation of data, etc.
- a solid attitude for analysis and synthesis that has been developed;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- an excellent sense of organization as well as the ability to define and manage priorities;
- the ability to adapt easily to working in decentralized networks that rely on sharing, mutual support and collaboration;
- an effective capacity for promoting knowledge and pedagogy;
- ability to function with autonomy, versatility and initiative;
- excellent command of French and a good working knowledge of English – (written, read and spoken)
- Start date in early November
- Mandate until March 31, 2022
- 35 hours per week
- Salary based on experience
- Attractive social benefits
Considering the current situation related to COVID-19, teleworking is recommended and encouraged when possible. Alternatively, the employee may choose to work in the office as long as all sanitary requirements are followed according to CNESST standards.
Preventive measures will be applied within the office space to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. They are based on the principles of prohibiting symptomatic individuals in workplaces, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and the maintenance of hygienic measures with all tools and equipment, and frequently touched surfaces. The employee will agree to follow these guidelines.
Note that DCDO may be called upon to go to meetings of the network that are sometimes in Montreal or Quebec City and may be required to work outside of regular hours.
The Conseil québécois du théâtre supports parity, equity and diversity within its team and its internal committees. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply if they feel they have the skills, knowledge and abilities to do the work required for this position.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae along with their resume and a
a cover letter no later than October 16, 2020 to the following address:
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent for all applications received. Only persons who are invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
For any information on the CQT: www.cqt.ca